Friday, November 22, 2013

Finished! Christmas Table Runners

I was able to get these Christmas table runners finished today.  Thank goodness for good naps!  These were made with the "Starry Night" line of fabric from Northcott.  They are my new favorites. 
Here is the first one, which will be sent to family in Germany. 


Here is the second one, for another sister who lives here in Utah.  



It feels really great to have these done ahead of schedule.  But I do have a confession... I loved this fabric so much that I did go buy more to make a wall hanging for my kitchen. 

These runners are a quick finish.  I can sew one in about three hours (including doing the binding by hand on the back).  They are about 14 x 41 inches--a really good size. 

In case anyone is interested, I buy a quarter yard of each of the three top prints, a quarter yard for the binding, and a half yard for the backing.  I cut two strips 3 3/4 inches wide from each top print.  Then I cut as many 3 3/4 inch squares as I can out of each fabric.  I know that this cuts extra squares, but by cutting them all out I can play with the placement.  (To see some alternate settings for these runners, look at this post.)  I plan on using those extra squares to make coasters.  I then cut three 2 1/2 inch binding strips.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

XX,
Jasmine

P.S. I will be linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts. 


2 comments:

  1. Great idea to link up! You will get many visitors this way!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt@yahoo.com
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing Christmas gifts - great table runners, Jasmine, I can see why you'd want to buy more of this fabric: it's very cheery :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!