Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Original Seasonal Wall Hangings

I love the Thimbleberries Cover Story Quilts (mentioned in this post), but I was disappointed that there wasn't one for every month.  They only included the seasons and some holidays.  I was determined to change that. 

I found a cute calendar which had sweet, innocent pictures similar to the ones used in the Thimbleberries panels.  I scanned them in to my computer and designed quilts to go around them.  I made each quilt finish at 32 x 34 inches, so they would be the same as the other nine quilts.  They were all finished in 2006 and 2007. 

I made two of each of these four quilts.  There is one for my mom and one for me.  I printed the panels on a iron on transfer, but wish that I had purchased the more expensive pre-prepared fabric to print on.  Regardless of what the panels are made of, I love them.  It gives me warm fuzzies to know that I designed and made them. 

I will be showing these in order of the months, rather than in the order I finished them. 

Welcome Spring
 
 
Orchard Blossoms
 
 
A June Bride
 
 
Gone Fishing
 
 
These quilts all have a light cream or muslin on the back.  They were made with Warm and Natural cotton batting.  They have simple machine quilting, mostly stitching in the ditch. 
 
I love having a quilt for every month to hang behind my door.  Have you ever designed your own quilts?  This was a first for me. 
 
XX,
Jasmine


1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea to have a quilt for each month! I may have to steal/borrow it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!