Thursday, November 21, 2013

Remembering the Year 2007

At the end of the previous year, I had started a small quilting group at church.  Our first project was a table runner.  For our second project, we made jean quilts.  We cut the jeans into squares and backed them with flannel.  I made one more jean quilt (my third) as an example during class.
 


I used leftover flannel from the cabin quilts on the back.




I made four more Thimbleberries Cover Story Quilts for myself and my mom.  They were the August, September, November, and (another) December quilts.  Now I had thirteen quilts which were all the same size.  My sweet husband made this awesome quilt hanger.  It is flush against the wall, which is great because it is right behind my front door!  This is the November Sweet Dreams quilt. 




I also finished this Bear Paw quilt.  The blocks were made by members of JoAnn's quilting bee.  I hung it on the wall above Cheetah's bed.  He had a jean quilt on his bed at the time.  It looked awesome with these plaids.  (Now it looks awesome with his Simply Woven quilt on his bed.)



Using more of the flannel left over from Mom's cabin quilts I made two more turning twenty quilts.  We tied one of them as part of my church quilting group.  Sadly, I didn't get a picture taken of the quilt before it was donated to a local charity. 

My big finish for the year was this Colorsplash Trip Quilt.  It is my absolute favorite quilt I have ever made, and it lives on my bed.  I have made pillows and table toppers to match it. 



This year for Christmas, I gave lots of table runners to family and friends.  They included:

Two floral table runners.



Two bunny table runners.





And a Christmas table runner. 




I think table runners are so much fun, but maybe I could use a new pattern. 

XX,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!